Dropdown menu

Friday, May 16, 2014

DIY Cheese Crackers

 Having 4 growing boys can be a challenge when it comes to choosing good, healthy snacks. I have a hard time choosing what snacks to purchase at our grocery store because everything I pick up has some strange ingredients that I can't pronounce. Not to mention they can be expensive!
I did some looking up online, and here is what I came up with - wholewheat cheese crackers!


Wholewheat Cheese Crackers

  • 1cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
  • 4 Tbsp cold butter cut small
  • 8oz grated cheddar cheese
  • 3-4 Tbsp water

  • Pulse everything in a food processor til dough is formed. Chill the dough for 20-30 min. Roll it out thin and cut it up. Poke holes with a toothpick. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15-20 min.

    Kagen cutting the cracker dough with a pizza cutter.

    Like the irregular shapes? :)

    They were gone in a few minutes!

    -Junko



    No comments:

    Post a Comment